Please login to begin or complete your work
If you haven't logged in since January 1, 2022, you will need to reset your password.
- Early discount deadline: January 11, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (fees increase $25 USD on January 12, 2023)
- Regular deadline: February 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (fees increase $50 USD on February 2, 2023)
- Final deadline: February 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (late fees apply)
- Extended deadline: March 8, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (late fees apply)
The competition will accept online entries from December 7, 2022 to February 15*, 2023. Fees per entry increase after each deadline. The online system will remain open until 11:59 p.m. ET on the day of each deadline.
All entries will be reviewed online. Physical copies won't be required if entered work is selected by the jurors for inclusion in the AIGA collection.
A confirmation email from email@example.com will be sent to the entrant once all online steps are successfully completed. Please add this email to your contacts to ensure receipt along with results in the fall.
Only entrants with work(s) selected by the jurors will be notified of inclusion in this year’s competition. Winners will be notified no later than September. The results of this year’s competition will be announced in the fall.
If work is selected by the jurors, an email notification will be sent to entrants of winning work.
Juror selections will be published in a collection on the competition website and shared across AIGA channels. Recognition includes:
- Showcase in the online Winners Gallery;
- Official press release distributed to leading industry outlets and media providers;
- Official digital assets, including competition logo for winners to self-promote;
- Coverage on AIGA social media channels;
- Coverage in AIGA newsletters distributed to AIGA members, including AIGA chapters and communities of interest.
Work in all media is eligible if it has been first designed, produced, or launched publicly and available for sale or use in the general marketplace between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Generally, © 2022 will be indicative of the eligibility date. New work created after December 31, 2022 will not be considered.
International entries are eligible. In order for the jury to understand the content and context, entries that are published in languages other than English must be sent with an English-language counterpart—this can be a previously published content or a bilingual content. Non-English entries must include an English translation of the title and a product or content URL if available.
One-off student school projects/assignments don't qualify and won't be considered.
Book and book cover design should be entered in the AIGA 50 Books | 50 Covers competition.
Type of Entry
- Single Entry: An individual entry with a minimum of three (3) and up to five (5) supporting images, including multiple views of the same piece for the same client may be uploaded.
- Series / Campaign Entry: Up to five (5) different pieces for the same client that are conceptually related and should be judged as a group. Collectively they comprise one single entry and may cover multiple categories. A minimum of three (3) and up to five (5) images may be uploaded.
You may select the category in which you think your entry fits most accurately in terms of its purpose, or you may enter the same peice in more than one category. If you want a piece from a series entry to be considered on its own in another category, you may also (or instead) enter it as a single entry in the other category. Please be aware that you will be required to pay a separate fee for submitting to each category.
If you are unsure, select the category that most closely describes your entry. Jurors retain the right to reclassify entries from one category to another or to select only components of the entry for recognition.
The 365: AIGA Year in Design competition encompasses the following categories:
- Brand and Identity Systems
- Civic Design
- Corporate Communications
- Editorial Design
- Entertainment Design
- Environmental / Experiential Design
- Experience / Product / Service / Systems Design
- Illustration / Photography
- Information Design / Data Visualization
- Immersive Design
- Motion Graphics / Animation
- Package Design
- Promotional Design and Advertising
- Social Design
- Typographic Design
As part of our online judging experience, entrants will be asked to select a channel that best describes the entry.
Let the jurors know if your entry champions one or more of the following areas (optional). Winning entries will be displayed with the following distinctions if selected by the jurors.
- Design for Good - Social Releavance
- Design for Good - Cultural Awareness
- Design for Good - Environmental Sustainability
Permission to Reproduce Work
By submitting work to the competition, all entrants acknowledge that AIGA reserves the right to use accepted work for reproduction in competitions-related publications; on its websites; in any editorial or exhibition of the competitions’ selections; and for educational and promotional purposes.